Travel Tripod - Smaller than this one? BENRO MeFOTO

Started Jul 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
New MemberPosts: 1
Re: Travel Tripod - Smaller than this one? BENRO MeFOTO
In reply to 00birdie, 6 months ago

Over the years I have gone through a lot of tripods in my quest to find the smallest and lightest for travel purposes I stumbled across the Sirui T-025x. Shaving off a few centimetres and a few grams from your tripod can mean the difference between carrying it along or leaving it sitting in your hotel room. My previous tripod was a Gitzo 1541T with a Manfrotto ball head and for all intents and purposes it was a fantastic set up. It was light, sturdy and folded down to a fairly small footprint. But the Sirui T-025x blows it out of the water when it comes to portability. It's less than a foot long and comes in at barely a kilogram with the C-10x ballhead attached. Compared to this, the Gitzo seems obese. Is the Sirui as sturdy as the Gitzo? Not really but close enough that it becomes negligible. It comes down to sufficiency I would imagine. I shoot with a Sony A7R attached to the tripod by means of an RRS L-Bracket with a Zeiss 16-35mm f/4 permanently attached to the front. With the centre column of the T-025X removed I get consistently sharp and vibration free photographs. Would it be as stable if you were using a Nikon D700 with a 70-200mm f/2.8?? I am not sure. But then again, the reason someone would buy one of the lightest travel tripods on the market would obviously be because they did not want to lug around a lot of weight....and I would imagine that such a person would not be travelling with a heavy DSLR and a huge zoom lens. So to cut a long story short, the Sirui T-025x will perform flawlessly with any mirrorless camera on the market today.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow