How prevalent is the lens error with the G12?

Started Feb 25, 2013 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
New MemberPosts: 3
Re: How prevalent is the lens error with the G12?
In reply to SUE O''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''BRIEN, 6 months ago

This lens error has just happened to me. I was outside taking pictures of my Sons birthday party and out of the blue I got this message"lens error, will shut down automatically, Restart camera".

The Camera has not been dropped or abused in any way. I started doing some research and found that I am not the only one with this problem. Canon needs to own up to this problem just like they did with the s-100.

It has been confirmed that some PowerShot S100 digital cameras encounter a lens error caused by a disconnected part inside the camera. This announcement conveys the details of the issue and Canon’s service policy for affected cameras.

Canon continuously strives to provide our customers with high quality, reliable products that can be used with confidence. We offer our sincerest apologies to any customers who have been inconvenienced.

Some PowerShot S100 units (with the serial numbers listed below) may encounter a lens error due to a part becoming disconnected inside the lens. In particular, this lens error may occur when the camera is used in certain environmental conditions such as high temperature and/or humidity.

Affected Product
Some PowerShot S100 Digital Cameras within the following serial number range:

The first and second digits of the camera’s serial number are any number from"29" through"41."
For example: "29xxxxxxxxxx", "30xxxxxxxxxx"………"41xxxxxxxxxx"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow