Forum ProPosts: 20,872
Like?
Re: update
In reply to SUBY, 5 days ago

SUBY wrote:

SUBY wrote:

Snapshot NY USA wrote:

Hi SUBY,

I would be most interested in knowing what Pana did to resolve the problem.

Did yousend both lens and hood? What noticeable change was done?

Was it just a new PLASTIC insert in the hood with a better glue, or some other workaround?

Personally, this nonsense is not acceptable at that price level. Particularly when you have other examples of fine hood implementation. I wanted that lens after testing, but paying for a POS hood (price included in total MSRP), which is extolled by shill reviewers as great METAL hood reflects armchair office thinking.

Hi Snapshot,

unfortunately haven't had a second to pack and send the lens/ hood off as yet, metres of bubble wrap and sturdy box at the ready though.

I will send the lens also as there is a visible 'sheen' where the glue once was and price point aside, will not accept such marks due to a manufacturing error. Will report back once I receive both items back (to send soon though first).

Would have replied earlier but for some reason didn't, this time round, get a notification about a thread update...weird!

-- hide signature --

Cheers Suby

I sent both lens and hood off and have received them both since. The Panasonic endorsed repair centre seems to have successfully cleaned all remnants off the outer lens casing. The hood was definitely replaced and sits now once again tight in both directions. Optically I cannot see the difference in the replacement but was initially told of a material change. So I guess we will have to wait, as in my case the glue/ material dispersed after 6 weeks or so.

-- hide signature --

Cheers Suby

I await the long term report ...

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow