Started Apr 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Robin Casady
Forum ProPosts: 12,880
Like?
Re: Passport vs Adobe Profiles
In reply to b2martin_a, 3 months ago

b2martin_a wrote:

I generated Passport profiles for my D810, but the As Shot white balance I get with the passport profile is not the same as when using the Adobe profiles. I shot an image with white balance set to 5140K with the D810. When I look at the As Shot white balance with all of the Adobe profiles I get a white balance of 5400 degrees with a tint of 0. I generated two dual illuminant passport profiles - one with flash and incandescent and a second one with direct sunlight and incandescent. I get different As Shot white balance values for both. The one with flash and incandescent gives 5350 temperature with a tint of +2 and the one with direct sunlight and incandescent gives 5450 temperature and a tint of +7.

Anyone know why the x-Rite profiles give different As Shot white balance values than the Adobe profiles?

QPcard and Adobe DNG Profile Editor profiles also give different As Shot values than the Adobe Standard and Camera… profiles. I have no idea why, but I've always been under the impression that As Shot in Lightroom was not truly as shot.

-- hide signature --

Robin Casady
http://www.robincasady.com/Photo/index.html
When you look through the viewfinder do you see an object or do you see a picture?
"I believe that the electronic image will be the next major advance. Such systems will have their own inherent and inescapable structural characteristics, and the artist and functional practitioner will again strive to comprehend and control them." — Ansel Adams, 1981

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
IffyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow