Phil Askey has spoken to the Canon SLR Forum...

Started Jul 10, 2003 | Discussions thread
Artichoke
Forum ProPosts: 11,769Gear list
Like?
apologies for my quip, Teski
In reply to Teski, Jul 12, 2003

Teski wrote:

Sure there's a lot more noise and rude people over there, but there
are also very nice people and competent photographers just like
here.

no question about it

I don't know that the forums are a huge enough reason to pick one
camera over another though...I think this is the best forum on this
site bar none...But at the end of the day, I'm out shooting pics
not here and I need to have the right lineup for me...Again, it
wasn't the S2 but more a Nikon thing for me...

while I still question your decision (based on my own agenda of course), I am delighted that you are still active here ...you have long been among my favorite Fujistas and certainly among the most helpful

I have found this forum such a wonderful source of inspiration, knowledge and friendship, that I may be a little irrational in my defense of it

I venture into the other forums and agree that there is much gold to be mined there ...FSLRT is family for me and you (and Mahesh) will always be part of the family

hope you didn't take an iota of offense at my quip at the expense of CSLRT forum members, though I think that forum along with Canon's lack of support for older lenses, are two of the strongest reasons for my never going over to Canon ...having had an S1 before the S2, I think I understand the SuperCCD (hate the name, BTW) file and can squeeze a lot out of it ...I am certain I could do the same with other files, but there would be a steep learning curve, which of course can be part of the fun
have you found the transition (in post image capture processing) difficult?
--
pbase & dpreview supporter
Fuji forum member since 5/2001
http://www.pbase.com/artichoke

Artichoke's gear list:Artichoke's gear list
Agfa ePhoto 1680 Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Leica M8 Nikon D3X Leica M9 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow