Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC - issue

Started Aug 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
jacofda
New MemberPosts: 1Gear list
Like?
Re: Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC - issue
In reply to Otus, 3 months ago

First of all I used it with a D7000, and I can only compare it to my other lens, a 50 f1.8D.

I bought it through amazon.it at 749euro the 23rd of March, now it is at 895.

Surely it is not as good as the 50mm (it is not even fair to compare it), but I was rather satisfied ...

this focal length is really useful, I took nice landscape and portrait; indoors it is still not wide enough, but i believe that in a full frame it is gonna be just fine (real 24mm rather than 36mm).

As some other user have noticed, compare to my nifty-fifty, it seems a bit shorter.

So ... I've had this lens for about 50days. In the first month the lens worked like a charm. I was able to take sharp sunset landscape at 1/60 100 ISO f7.1 with no tripod with the VC ON.

But lately the VC started to give me problems. When I acquire focus the image in the viewfinder trembles, shifts. Plus, 95% of the pics taken with VC ON seems to lose sharpness. If I switch the VC OFF the problem disappears.

I contacted TAMRON warranty to see if they could fix the problem (the lens comes with 5years of warranty). They answer me that it would take at least a month, with shipping costs at my expenses (circa 50euros). Plus they wanted a USB/CD/DVD with sample pictures of the problem, with VC ON and VC OFF.

I was really disappointed.  Fortunately I contacted Amazon before sending the lens to TAMRON. They told me that they will send me a new model.

Bravo Amazon

greek island

jacofda's gear list:jacofda's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow