How long can you record video with nex 7 or 5N?

Started Jul 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Marchellome
Junior MemberPosts: 34
Like?
Re: How long can you record video with nex 7 or 5N?
In reply to bigley Ling, 1 month ago

When I say turn off/on the camera to continue recording, I'm talking about an instantaneous action as quickly as I can recycle the camera, there's no time for the sensor to cool off.  Nor am I saying it's strictly a firmware issue as others like yourself have had success in extending recording time by moving the LCD,  using a 95mb transfer speed SD card, etc.  Certainly there is a real heat build-up, but the fact that one can continue recording after immediately turning the camera off/on seems to indicate to me that the firmware could use improvement to help extend the recording time.  It's either this, or the FW allows the camera to keep recording even though it's overheated.  The latter might not be good for the camera, should that be the case, but I've noticed no ill effects. Seems to me Sony has erred on the safe side and shuts the camera down well in advance of any serious overheating or their firmware is faulty.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow