Canon 70-200 f4 IS - Quality Problem with Focus Module

Started Dec 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
1Dx4me
Regular MemberPosts: 267Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon 70-200 f4 IS - Quality Problem with Focus Module
In reply to Keith Williamson, 1 month ago

Keith Williamson wrote:

My copy of the lens was tack sharp at all apertures and focal lengths when I bought it. After a year or so I noticed that pictures at f4 were no longer sharp so I tried micro adjusting the lens which of course made no difference. At the same time, I had the issue with the manual focus ring that the OP describes. In the end I sent it for repair. The focus assembly and a few other parts were replaced and the lens was returned working like new again.

From what I have now read, this is a genuine problem with the f4L IS version of this lens which I now believe Canon should have sorted even out of warranty.

-- hide signature --

If I take a bad picture it is my fault not the camera's.

funny you mentioned, for the 6 years i had my 70-200 f4.0IS before i lost it (RIP), i never noticed any decrease in sharpness or any other malfunction, i even dropped mine on dirt once or twice when i was working overseas i can't say for faulty gear have ligit issues, but there are few that if they can't find any fault with their gear, they'll invent one

cheers.

1Dx4me's gear list:1Dx4me's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow