Help! Olympus E-PM2 skin tones versus Nikon D7000

Started Dec 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Forum ProPosts: 13,589Gear list
If the nikon color is "natural", then get ghe kid to a doctor…
In reply to Ulfric M Douglas, 8 months ago

Ulfric M Douglas wrote:

Alex Notpro wrote:

... I'm able to correct the tones on the computer but does anybody know some quick settings to have them come out the same as the D7000 straight out of camera? The D7K tones are more natural, when compared to the subject next to the computer monitor.

Here's one representative sample comparison. Trust me, I did several, but I'm not going to post them all:

The one on the right is hideous.

The one on the left may be slightly too pink but in any case it is pleasant.

Go with the camera that took the photo on the left.

The camera for the right photo needs some serious tweaking! Maybe some serious tweakers have a jpeg profile to advise?

I have a friend who uses his Nikon D7000 in Auto for family photos : every single comparison shows my Olympuses making nicer out-of-camera Jpegs, despite me using the oldest Pens.

…immediately -- might be suffering from anemia!

In my view, Oly does warm up stuff just a touch more than I like. Can you pull the red and yellow down just a tiny bit in camera? Or maybe pull saturation down just a little. I can't remember, as I am now shooting with a Panny G6 which does offer this facility (but its "Standard" balance is just a touch cool and I have moved red up just a little -- you might find it perfect).

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard
Down and out in Rabaul in the South Pacific

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow