Just Received Gariz half case for my X-E1 - Nice

Started Dec 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
RheesSnow
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Re: Just Received Gariz half case for my X-E1 - Nice
In reply to Mixalis2011, 4 days ago

Mixalis2011 wrote:

Just received my black half case and it fits really well. The finish is first-class and I like the smooth finish to the leather. I have seen complaints elsewhere that the leather is not grained and that it doesn't smell like leather. Well, all I can say is that these people are ultra picky. I love it. I like the way the additional layer of leather adds a bit of extra grip-bulk to the existing mini-grip and the case sits flat on a flat surface. It remains firmly anchored with the 35mm lens but flops forward with the additional weight of the 18-55. Incidentally, I also have the Fuji grip and hated it because of the chamfered baseplate which make the camera unstable on any flat surface.

There is just one thing I don't get with the Gariz case: The additional chrome screw that came in the package. I cannot see what it is for, unless a replacement for the quick-release screw (which does have a habit of fouling the battery/card opening and needs had a turn to release the lid). Maybe I'm dense and there's a particularly good explanation. Anyone know what it's for?

-- hide signature --

Michael

I've just heard back from Gariz, they had an issue with the screw interrupting the use of the memory card / battery compartment. So they included a different sized bolt in the packaging so you can swap them over if you experience some compatibility issues with this.

Thanks.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow