ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DF
DF
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,255
Like?
45-P advocacy
Jul 9, 2003

As you know, I've been talking up this lens for quite some time now.

For folks who may not have had the chance to become acquainted with it, this is an unusual Nikon offering, and interesting in several respects:

-- hide signature --

First, it is small.....I mean seriously tiny! Not much larger than a body cap when mounted. Be hard to find a lighter travel lens than this.

---It is a MF lens, but has the chip (hence the "P" designation) which allows full metering on the S2, including matrix. Very cool.

---Mechanically, it is sturdy and built extremely well, with a very smooth focusing ring.

---Optically, it is outstanding, arguably one of the sharpest Nikkors in this focal range. And unlike some of the 50mm models, it has very pleasing bokeh, as attested to by Ron Reznick and others.

---As a 45mm, it comes very close to the "true" normal focal length (43mm) for 35mm format. Thus, it will serve as an ideal normal lens for FF cameras.

The 45-P has become one of my favorite lenses on the S2. It's great for everything from scenics to full-length portraits. If you're in the market for something in this range, I strongly recommend you look a the 45-P!

Best wishes,

David

--
http://www.pbase.com/df9999/inbox

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow