Started Apr 22, 2014 | Discussions thread
lancespring
Senior MemberPosts: 2,752Gear list
Like?
Re: WOW-- Rendering 4K is really SLOOOW
In reply to Tim200, 2 months ago

Tim200 wrote:

hzmeyer wrote:

My computer is only a year old and I thought it could handle it but did it disappoint me. I'm talking about 3+ hours to render less than 2 hours of 4K from my AX100. I'm wondering if I may have made some wrong selections in Sony Movie Studio Platinum during the setup.

Does anyone have experience with this s/w and are my times normal? And yes, I know that it depends on the computer but I am looking for help, not nit picking.

I don't think my setup is near that slow, but I haven't sat down and timed a long render. Most of mine are short 4k clips that seem to render very close to 1:1 with clip length. I'm using a much lower spec'd CPU but the same video card. The other difference is I'm using Premiere Pro and it takes full advantage of the GTX660 GPU for rendering.

Sony Movie Studio also has a GPU acceleration feature too.   If you read this entire thread, you will see that the OP had neglected to enable this feature in the software.   He found the setting, though, and has since enabled it.

lancespring's gear list:lancespring's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D600 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow