Sad but inevitable

Started Feb 14, 2014 | Discussions thread
Mikem65d
Forum MemberPosts: 74Gear list
Like?
Re: not dead yet .. %-)
In reply to jimrpdx, 4 weeks ago

I do believe that the few of us that still look for new activity here and anywhere else related to Minolta represent less than 1% of a fraction of all the Minolta users in the world.

This forum was very active back some 12-14 years ago as all the members here were buying and trying Minolta's best offerings of which many were ahead of their time.

Minolta was undeniably late to get on the DSLR scene and that was probably the single most deadly blow to their place in the market.

Minolta cameras that have long since been extinct are still fetching above average $$$ for their time, but most of those buyers probably have no reason to go to talk forums as they knew what they wanted and talk forums offer nothing knew in regards to those outdated cameras.

I myself jumped into the Canon DSLR world back in 2003 because i grew tired of waiting for Minolta to deliver a DSLR.

My current collection of Dimage D7i's,A2's, and A200's along with the flash heads and MFC 1000 macro ring light and twin light systems are all i own.

All work extremely well and i even print 13x19's from them occasionally..............

Minolta left us all, and have removed almost all the support info that a lot of users would still like to get such as Firmware upgrades, software, manuals etc,......

so what is there to discuss anymore?

Mikem65d's gear list:Mikem65d's gear list
Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 Konica Minolta DiMAGE A200 Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 70D +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow