"Writing to memory card was not completed correctly. Recover data?" A99 data corruption w/ SD cards

Started Nov 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
photofreak985
Junior MemberPosts: 41
Like?
Re: "Writing to memory card was not completed correctly. Recover data?"
In reply to Guilbault, 3 months ago

Guilbault wrote:

Anyone else get this error? "Writing to the memory card was not completed correctly. Recover data? Slot 1"

I get it with both of my SD cards. Ironically they're Sony UHS-1 cards. I'd figure the Sony cards would be more compatible. The camera asks me to "recover data". Whether I recover or not I get significant data loss among st the most recent shots.

This begins to happen after a couple minutes of using the camera. Shooting bursts seems to trigger it faster, but it happens no matter what.

There can be various reasons for the error. May be the the memory card (read/write) operations are interrupted in between. When the data transfer operation is interrupted between, then the card may become corrupt. For now you can take a backup of your memory card on your system and format the memory card on the camera itself.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow