FZ 200 on Safari

Started Dec 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shivakumar S
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Re: FZ 200 on Safari
In reply to Philz, 2 hours ago

Philz wrote:

In a binary sense (to get or not to get an image) there is nothing better than long zoom cameras such as the FZ 200 or the Canon model I had bought for my daughter when she went on a safari. I think it was the 240 or 230 model. Yet I have to say that there is something "unnecessary" about the images both of you got from your cameras in the sense that they are simply not beautiful. They look like images from point and shoots and in our day and age when all these animals have been photographed and filmed millions of times with the results available on TV, in books, on the web etc... , this is unnecessary. DSLRs at least give you a chance to catch beauty.

You have to be joking.

The lions on the rock photo could EASILY pass off as a DSLR shot!DSLRs are not always practical.I have been on safari in India and Africa and i have seen people lugging those huge f2.8 lenses.Puffing and panting and making the nuisance of themselves inside crowded vehicles.I can only imagine how much 'fun' they must be to lug around on a walking safari or hike through the wilderness.

I personally dont like being around people with DSLRs in the bush due to the annoying noise the DSLR shutters make.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow