Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
osv
osv
Senior MemberPosts: 2,003
Like?
Re: Sony HDR-CX900 hands-on review and testing
In reply to kdx films, 1 week ago

kdx films wrote:

Hey i have had this camera for a bout 2 weeks now and i also shoot with a DSLR.

I have discovered that with the cx900 the colors and saturation seem to shift quite frequently in the same scene, possibly caused when zooming in and out, so the resulting footage on my NLE is not consistent so color correcting/grading is a nightmare.

Sometimes the white balance goes way off and the blue channel will just clip, underexposing the green/blue channel (looks very odd) this was filming a band in the day on an outside stage with sunlight and stage LED lights? my DSLR seemed fine though.

you were shooting under clouds, direct daylight, and sunset lighting? ouch.

led stage lighting is a whole separate problem, it also blows out a channel when shooting stills... not relevant to this footage you posted.

no dslr is going to work right in those conditions either, because those are light sources with competing color temps.

the biggest problem by far, tho, is the editing... why in the world did you leave the part in about cleaning the lens? how did that add to the story?

you are worrying about a bruise on your finger, while rome is burning... first priority by far, is that you needed to cut at least 1/3rd of the length out of that production.

on the plus side, the graphics looked clean... you just need to do some editing.

-- hide signature --

dan

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow