How to get a Yongnuo RF-603C and Panasonic G3 to work together

Started Oct 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
Photomonkey
Senior MemberPosts: 1,419Gear list
Like?
This is the FIRST thing people should try.
In reply to JustinB3, 3 weeks ago

JustinB3 wrote:

The 603C can actually be used with the GH3 without opening the 603C up and soldering the contacts. I was excited when I found this thread, but didn't have a soldering iron handy. Just tinkering around, I put the 603C on the GH3 and naturally wasn't getting the second green light, which indicates successful communication. When I took the 603C off I noticed that 2nd green light flashed on for a split second, so I started to insert the 603C into the hot shoe until that 2nd green light came on. When I got it about 4/5ths the way into the hot shoe the light came on. I got excited and tried triggering a 560III. Nothing. I went through the menus of the GH3 thinking maybe a setting could fix it. I tried every flash setting. Nothing. Looking at the 603C, I noticed the back 2 contacts were hanging off the hot shoe, so I barely pushed it forward to where those 2 contacts were about halfway hanging off but still engaged. This was tricky because the hot shoe is such a tight fit on the GH3. It took me a couple tries, but when I got those back 2 contacts engaged along with the 2nd green light being on I was able to trigger the 560III. After this I took the 603C off and on to make sure I could reproduce the wonderful result, and I could every time. It takes a minute to get the contacts aligned just right, but once you have it it stays put since the GH3 hot shoe is so tight.

Anyway, please let me know if this helps you. I was ecstatic to stumble upon it since I just had to return the Canon 6D I was borrowing. He let me keep the lighting gear and I'm stoked it'll work with my GH3.

THIS WORKS!!!!!!!

I saw the same thing and now my GX-7 works perfectly with my Yongnuos.

This is the FIRST thing people should try.

Photomonkey's gear list:Photomonkey's gear list
Kodak Pixpro S-1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow