Nikkor 14-24 vs Tokina 16-28

Started Feb 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Fotos by Mi
New MemberPosts: 2Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikkor 14-24 vs Tokina 16-28
In reply to tom foto, 4 weeks ago

tom foto wrote:

This strikes me as a statement from someone who had never tried the 16-28? Its really remarkable. I've been a long time renter for the 14-24, and The Experience is identical. Its easily as sharp, feels similarly as tank-like, and even has the frustrating but oh so characterful bulbous front element.
If your picking between the two you really have to try them out to give a fair comparison, don't brush this one off as a typical 'third party zoom'
I suggest your reserve your opinion for matters on which you have experience.

I recently picked up my Tokina 16-28mm. I rented a Nikon 14-24mm and while price is indeed that major factor. The Tokina is for me a lens that satisfies my uwa needs and is a wonderful pairing with Nikon in both for build quality and for IQ.

Here is a decent review of the Tokina 16-28: http://www.slrlounge.com/tokina-16-28mm-f2-8-atx-pro-fx-ultra-wide-lens-quick-field-review/

Fotos by Mi's gear list:Fotos by Mi's gear list
Nikon D300S Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow