Started Nov 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
jamaljan
Junior MemberPosts: 28
Like?
Re: You should start a new topic of your own
In reply to lancespring, 1 month ago

lancespring wrote:

jamaljan wrote:

Please can someone help me with selecting a handycam as well..need it for shooting my children..

-has low-light capability as I'll mostly use it indoors

-has fast AF

-has long zoom (this will be helpful as I plan to use it in their school events when they grow-up)

-slow motion (not sure if I really need this but if its there would be nice)

many thanks for your time

edit: budget is max 1000 usd

Instead of resurrecting an old thread that is 2 years old.

If you want good quality indoors then you may want to consider a hybrid camera instead of a traditional video camcorder, as you can buy them with larger image sensors that will perform better indoors under low light.

The new $900 Panasonic LX100 is excellent in low light. The $700 Sony A6000 would be another choice to consider.

If your children are still young, you may find a compact camera like these more useful to take on family outings and trips, than a larger camera with a long zoom range

thanks, I had opened a thread here http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3732117#forum-post-54683531

would appreciate if you could kindly give your suggestions there...

PS. I already have EPL5 but want a dedicated handycam because I've read their video quality is far better then hybrids/dslr etc

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow