Absolutic
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,730Gear list
Like?
Re: choosing between X-T1 and Sony A7
In reply to juvx, 3 weeks ago

juvx wrote:

My PAD Project and My Gallery

I completely agree

I've owned both the XT-1 and sony A7 and the fuji wins when it comes to the better camera overall, but in raw power and image quality the sony wins. You can really tell when taking pictures that have grass or large amounts of really fine detail. The Sony resolves it much better.

Another thing that people have a misconception about is the FE lenses. Its true they are few but they are all very good. the 35 2.8, 55 1.8 and 70-200 F4 are true standouts. Even the kit lens is really really good for the value.

It is a tough choice (I also own both Sony A7r and Fuji XT1).  Both have standout lenses.   For example Sony 55FE of course is the best 50 I have ever used.    On the other than Fuji has 35 1.4 which has a very magical rendering, a 60/2.4 which has very interesting bokeh because of 9 diaphragms (did I mention 60/2.4 is tiny without the hood?), and 56/1.2 is pretty sharp wide open.

For me I made Fuji as my travel setup, and Sony (and Canon) is what I mostly use at home.   For travels, my Fuji kit is what goes with me (18-135, 35/1.4 and 56/1.2) and I can't wait for Dec update to get that silent shooting and 1/32000 shutter speed, which will open even more potential for me to use the 56 wide open in the middle of the day on a beach!!!!!

Absolutic's gear list:Absolutic's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow