Mirrorless on Safari

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Dallas Dahms
Forum MemberPosts: 60Gear list
Like?
Re: Mirrorless on Safari
In reply to absoluutbeginner, 2 months ago

absoluutbeginner wrote:

I did see the prices at your travel company ..auch ....!

I never see medium/low budget photo trips ...
I don't need to sleep in a 4star deluxe lodge .....a few times skipping those and I can buy a new lens.

Sleeping is short and intensive anyway after an exhausting day .
In Bots we went sleeping at 21h and got up early to enjoy sunrise.

So if I was your travel company I would include some low budgets travels also.

I understand. The problem with budget trips like the kind you are looking for is that it becomes a bit of a lottery as to whether you will get a good sighting and photo opportunity. The National Parks are very restrictive with where you can go, plus you're also having to contend with over-crowding at sightings that do happen. These are often unpleasant, not only photographically, but there have been some issues recently with road rage incidents in KNP.

I promise you, the difference between the private reserve experience and the National Park experience is massive and well worth the difference in price. The things we saw on our most recent trip were just mind bogglingly good.

-- hide signature --

Safari Organiser

Dallas Dahms's gear list:Dallas Dahms's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow