NP-FW50 incompatible battery...Sony, why do you do these things?

Started Nov 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
marc petzold
Regular MemberPosts: 278Gear list
Like?
Re: NP-FW50 incompatible battery...Sony, why do you do these things?
In reply to zygh, 2 months ago

zygh wrote:

Had the same problem when switching from the 5 to the 5N. Only one of my batteries was OEM and the other was third party. Both worked fine on the 5. Sure enough, the third party battery was rendering error message with the 5N. Had to get an OEM battery after upgrading to the 5N. People here are right, the OEM batteries are way too expensive.

Let me stress the fact the OEM battery that worked with the 5 was surely manufactured before the 5N ever came out. From your description of the issue, it seems like you stumbled upon a fake branded battery.

I'm using about 5 years or so always 3rd Party Batteries from the german brand PATONA, for all my different cams/DSLR, etc. and they're quite good, for the 1/3 price of the original, and lasting the same amount of shots as the original battery. Can be bought off amazon from BUNDLESTAR sellers, just right - they're usually with yellow black decals.

marc petzold's gear list:marc petzold's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Samsung TL500 Sigma DP2 Merrill Nikon D90 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 +56 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow