b19ddw
Regular MemberPosts: 106Gear list
Like?
Re: Is DigitalRev a trustworthy seller?
In reply to Marco Cinnirella, 3 weeks ago

Marco Cinnirella wrote:

b19ddw wrote:

bayvista wrote:

Absolutely not! I purchased a Canon that was defective. When I returned it they deducted 15%, plus I had to pay $58 to return it to Hong Kong. Buyer beware! Buy local

Sad to hear you have had a bad experience with them. I have purchased from them on numerous occasions and NEVER had a problem. Speedy deliveries too. One of my orders actually arrived next day from Hong Kong ... crazy!

-- hide signature --

B19DDW:
www.fb.com/deanwebbphotography/
www.flickr.com/photos/deanwebbphotography/sets/

Yes but the risk is what happens when the goods are defective on arrival or when they go wrong within the warranty period. This is when folks seem to report issues. And this is where a local supplier wins out, typically.

-- hide signature --

"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." Ansel Adams.

Fair point, but I would not hesitate in recommending DigitalRev to buyers in the UK. I will certainly 'risk' again in future even if it did result in my paying $58 and a 15% handling charge. Prices in the UK can be excessive due to the high tax we have to pay. In most instances, the saving outweighs a possible penalty. It's just sad to hear @bayvista has had a bad experience.

-- hide signature --

B19DDW:
www.deanwebbphotography.com
www.fb.com/deanwebbphotography/

b19ddw's gear list:b19ddw's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow