Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
marc petzold
Regular MemberPosts: 168Gear list
Like?
Re: The KM A2 turns 10 this year
In reply to Michael Fritzen, 1 day ago

Michael Fritzen wrote:

Hi,

as an owner of the A2 until September 2012 I found that Sony's RX10 is as close as desireable to the A2: a fast, high quality lens with an even broader range (24-200 vs. 28-200); a bigger sensor (and I don't care that much about the 20MP vs. 8MP difference) with much improved usable ISO range; higher resolving EVF (although not tiltable - which may be preferable for durability reasons); a tilting LCD; a compact, sturdy, weather sealed body which handles just as well as the A2. And click-f-stops on the lens barrel! Only downsides perhaps: the electronic operation only of the zoom and the (real or anecdotal) Minolta colours.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Michael Fritzen

you're right michael - i've found the best feature of the A2 the high resolution EVF into it's heyday - because the lens is the same as onto the A1 and presuccessors, and couldn't really resolve the 8 MP for sure into its day...the Olympus C-8080 Zoom was much better in terms of glas, which i do still own to nowadays...the RX-10 is a great superzoom, but i do miss manual zooming...

cheers, marc

marc petzold's gear list:marc petzold's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Samsung TL500 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Nikon D90 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 +36 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow