2nd Curtain Sync on 5D II/III Bodies - Solved !

Started Oct 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
HeatherVT
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Re: 2nd Curtain Sync on 5D II/III Bodies - Solved - UPDATE!
In reply to VladaBro, 3 months ago

VladaBro wrote:

sixgun wrote:

3> There are times where front light is not needed or you don't want the buik of a bracketted strobe - in that case, you only need a Pocket Wizard MiniTT1, Flex TT5 or Plus III in the camera hot shoe. Via the Pocket Wizard utility - you enable enhanced 2nd curtain sync.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for sharing your findings. I use Canon 5D II and QFlash as my main remote flash. To trigger the Qflash and PB Strobes I use Quantum FreeXwire transmitter and receivers. That system doesn't have 2nd CS option. To make your Option 3 work, what do I need besides Pocket Wizard transmitter in the camera hot shoe? Will it work with Quantum receivers?

Thank you!

Vlada

Hi Vlada and sixgun,

I want to clarify something about this setup. Option #3 sixgun described will work ALMOST as he explained it, but you need to use a ControlTL radio as a transmitter, either a MiniTT1 or FlexTT5. The timing for Optimized Rear Curtain Sync is based on TTL information received from the camera. While the Plus III (or any other PocketWizard) can be used as a receiver, you will need to use a ControlTL radio as the transmitter. The Plus III is not a TTL radio, it only has a single pin.

Vlada, the Quantum radio system speaks a different "language" than the PocketWizard radio system, so they will not understand each other. You would need either a MiniTT1 or FlexTT5 for your camera, but you could use a PlusX for your receiver.

And PocketWizard customer support can definitely help you with any questions specific to your equipment.

Thanks!

Heather

(and a special call out and thank you to Michael for catching this!)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow