GPS for Nikon D800

Started Jun 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
BRENAC
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Re: GPS for Nikon D800
In reply to bpulv, 1 month ago

Hello,

I have a Nikon D7000 and a D810. On my D7000 i was not happy with the Phottix Geo one as it was draining the battery. Then i bought an AOKATEC, much better but unfortunately the lateral position of the plug on the body bended and i stopped using it.

On my D810 i am very happy with a di-GPS from dawntech. It fits well on the D810 boddy, nice looking, works well. However there is no integrated compass and the green LED is a bit too visible. I also have a AOKATEC but its size is a little too big and pop out on the side of the body. Compass works well on the AOKATEC after calibration (a bit tricky tho) .

Both aokatec and di-gps are based on MTK chipset and thus are low power consuption. I think that is the key along with the size and position of its antenna.

Unfortunately none of them fit the body when i am using a tamron 28-70 2.8 lense. So check what lense you have before making a choice !

To sum up i would recommend the di-GPS for D800/800E/810  if compass is not needed, AOKATEC if it is and most probably the colombus N-gps if you have lenses like mine and do not mind using the hotshoe.

Voila !

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow