Let's clear up the A6000 Viewfinder question.....

Started Feb 12, 2014 | Discussions thread
mgillespie
Regular MemberPosts: 238Gear list
Like?
Re: A6000 Viewfinder
In reply to Newgumshoe, 8 months ago

Newgumshoe wrote:

I may be a bit late on this one but I've only just received and started using the A6000 having used the NEX6 before.

My opinion (for what it's worth) on the difference in the viewfinder is that despite the lower resolution, it's better. I should say that I don't take a lot of low light photos but I think the live view is much closer to how the photo will look compared to the NEX6. Also, if you are taking JPEG and have the review on, you can actually see the DRO kicking in as it shows the finished shot. If you turn that off, the finished shot and the previous live view are pretty indistinguishable.

Overall, I love the camera, especially the extended function menu and custom buttons and the improved focusing.#

I too saw the same.  Had a NEX6 and a A6000 for about a month overlap, and the A6000 viewfinder ranged from slightly better to noticeably better, depending on the shooting circumstances.

mgillespie's gear list:mgillespie's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Sony a6000 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS LE Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow