Ultra Wide Lens Recomendations - Please Help!

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
incrediblehark
Forum MemberPosts: 91Gear list
Like?
Re: Ultra Wide Lens Recomendations - Please Help!
In reply to incrediblehark, 2 months ago

It's been a while since I updated you guys about my purchase.  Because of the issues I had with my Zeiss 21mm lens when I first purchased it, I was able to exchange it for the 14-24.

The Zeiss went back to the manufacturer and was tested by several engineers.  They first accused me (or someone at the store) of dropping the lens, but before we could argue, Zeiss changed their minds and quickly stated that the error was theirs and the lens left their facility that way. So obviously they keep their test shots taken during quality control....

It's been a few months since getting my hands on the 14-24.  This is an outstanding lens with very high IQ.  It took me a while to figure it out, but it's amazing to use once you learn the basics of shooting with it.  I am very happy with my purchase.

I am currently saving for the Zeiss 21mm.  In the meantime, I'll be keeping my eye on the new Nikon 20mm f1.8G rumored to be appearing sometime soon.  If that lens is a winner, and is at a decent price point, I'll definitely be considering that as well.

Cheers

incrediblehark's gear list:incrediblehark's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow