Sony A6000 Tele Zoom, Canon 70-200 F4L IS or Sony FE 70-200 F4 OSS ?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
10DeeQ
Forum MemberPosts: 95Gear list
Like?
Sony A6000 Tele Zoom, Canon 70-200 F4L IS or Sony FE 70-200 F4 OSS ?
3 months ago

hi, I'm new to sony , and I'm not an expert , i just like to shoot around

anyway i like to take picture of my dogs, bugs ( not really macro bugs, but more like bees or butterfly ), frogs, people portraits, birds , etc.

thats why the second most used lens in my bag now is the Sony SEL 55-210, the first one is still of course the SEL35 f1.8 OSS, anyway

though i really like how this SEL 55-210 handle, its quite compact, built quality is much better than my previous canon 55-250 EF lens. and i also like that this SEL 55-210 has quite "OK" maximum magnification for me , which is 0.225, enough for casual macro, i don't really like serious macro because i need to use ring flash, tripod etc for serious macro work.

i prefer this type of "casual" macro lens.

anyway i'm ready to spend some cash on a better lens for my A6000.

i'm eyeing the SONY FE70-200 F4 G OSS

but that one really cost a lot

my friend offered me his second hand but still very good condition Canon 70-200 F4L IS

for much cheaper price than the sony.

i've browse online that the canon has significantly better Max magnification ratio, and also the canon is slightly smaller and lighter than the sony.

so the question is which one is better for my A6000 ?
I'm sure both of them will be significant;y better than my SEL 55-210

but which of them is more "worth it " ?
if i choose the sony which cost about $1800 in my country , i just need to buy and attach it in my A6000 and start shooting

if i choose the canon which my friend offer me for $750, i need to buy and adapter right >?

which adapter is the good one ? lens turbo ? speed booster ? or any other adapter ?

and how much is the price ?
and how about autofocus and IS ?

will they be troublesome to use ?

will it "suffer" cause i like to take picture of my dogs running in the yard and also some time Bird in Flight.

so please anyone expert here give me some advice .

thank you so much.

10DeeQ's gear list:10DeeQ's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow