Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ijm5012
Contributing MemberPosts: 570Gear list
Like?
Going to Shanghai, what lens to bring
1 month ago

So I'm leaving Sunday for a week-long business trip to Shanghai, and I don't know what lens to bring between the 14-140 II, and the 12-35. Here's a list of what "stuff" I'm bringing:

• Panasonic G6
  • Olympus 17mm f/1.8
  • Spare battery & charger
  • Ultrapod II mini-tripod
  • 14-140 II / 12-35

I don't know what I should bring, either the 14-140 II or the 12-35? Since I'm there for business, I'll only have time to go out in the evening so low light is important (which is why I was originally planning on bringing the 12-35, but I have the 17mm for general shooting). I also want to get some nice city shots, and the 12mm could potentially be a big advantage over 14mm if I don't have any room to take a step or two back. My fear is that if I take the 12-35, am I going to miss not having the range available from the 14-140 II? If I take the 14-140 II, am I going to miss the extra stop of light I gain with the 12-35?

Anybody who has any relevant experience, your input is greatly appreciated!

ijm5012's gear list:ijm5012's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S +1 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow