ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Benjy2014
Forum MemberPosts: 72
Like?
Keep coming back to the A6000...
2 weeks ago

Evening all!

So, as many of you already know - I've had my mind made up on the RX100 M3 for some time now...But I've (agonizingly) decided to wait until Photokina before I take the plunge and buy the M3! Tbh, I just want to see what's coming from Panasonic on the LX100 and GM5!

So, as I'm waiting Photokina, I'm back to pondering the market to make sure I've made the right choice. I keep coming back to the A6000 - To be honest I just really like the idea of having interchangeable lenses, therefore not having to have two cameras, i.e. Compact and Bridge/DSLR. The main reasons for me choosing the RX100 M3, was due to IQ, functionalities and the 'pocketability' of the camera. How 'compact' is the A6000 in comparison? I know the dimensions of the A6000, body only, are 120 x 67 x 45mm, so wondering what happens to the depth when adding the 'kit' lens to it? How does it compare to the M3's 102 x 58 x 41mm?

Also, what is the actual 'kit' lens (Sony 16-50mm Power Zoom, SELP1650) on the A6000 like? Looking at different posts and reviews, the reviews on the camera with that lens attached seem to highly rate the camera, and so do most users who own it - However it seems those who don't own it seem to slate it? Can anyone recommend any additional lenses for the A6000 that offer great IQ, but still remain compact? Prefer zoom capabailities, so no pancakes for the time being...

Also, I did read somewhere the A6000 doesn't offer OIS - That's presumably a big worry, right? Does the 'kit' lens offer OIS?

Cheers!

RX100 III Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow