Nikon SLR user, also considering X-T1. Advice?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
solamnus
Regular MemberPosts: 127Gear list
Like?
Nikon SLR user, also considering X-T1. Advice?
3 months ago

So i use Nikon and have been an old Canon user but have been very satisfied with the Nikon F100 and now the D700 since a few years back. I shoot mostly outside but also sometimes in studio then using my speedlights and also bringing those to locations from time to time.

As backup or maybe just a compliment i have always had a compact enthusiast compact with me to my travels and using that or let my wife use that while i carry all that Nikon gear around.

I now own the Fuji X20 and before that my LX5 Panasonic. Nowadays i notice i rarely use my X20 even though its a very nice little camera. I find myself not completely satisfied with it and mainly cause of the image quality and that its something in between of a camera than either or. Its either too big to pocket and bring with me or i find i think the quality isnt good enough as a backup for my SLR( which i know it isnt).

So after all those thoughts i am now considering either get a slightly bigger camera as real backup and that i know the image quality will be great. OR get something really small as a fun play camera that i know i can bring in my pocket but im then aware that it doesnt keep up with my SLR at all.

I really like the design and feel of the Fuji system. And from what i have read the X-T1 might be the answer i am looking for.

What are your experience with the camera thus far and what would you recommend?

/Martin.

solamnus's gear list:solamnus's gear list
Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +3 more
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow