New product: Western Digital, My Passport Wireless.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Russell Evans
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,570
Like?
New product: Western Digital, My Passport Wireless.
3 months ago

I thought it was interesting as it is a wireless hard drive with SD slot that copies photos from the SD card to the hard drive. I don't think any of the other wireless drives have that capability.

With the wireless hotspot feature and the built in ftp server, you should also be able to setup an Eye-fi card to upload directly to the drive. I know the X2 Eye-fi card can upload to FTP servers. Can you do that with the Pentax Flue card? I can't seem to find a manual for the Pentax Flu card. The drive is battery powered and is supposed to be usable for six hours of active use, 20 hours of standby, so carrying it in your bag on for the entire day to catch your photos might be doable.

Announced prices are 500GB for $129.99, the 1TB for $179.99, and 2TB for $219.99. Have to see what street prices level out to.

Not wireless ac, which is what I really wanted for this round of products. IFA just started so maybe there will be other products like this yet to be announced or get news coverage.

Thank you
Russell

Leica X2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow