Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
missallpc
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Great camera...but too small
1 month ago

I've been an Olympus user most of my life so when my E-620 finally died I decided to try a mirrorless camera since it appears Olympus has gotten out of the DSLR market. There was nowhere locally where I could get my hands on an E-M10 so I ordered it from Amazon knowing I could return it for a full refund.

It is hard to get a feel for camera size and weight from a picture and written specs so when I pulled it out of the box I was stunned at it's small size. The camera is great, the viewfinder blew me away, the features were more then adequate for a camera in this price range and the images were probably as good as it gets with a m4/3 system.

Here's the problem. Since I had several 4/3 lenses from the E-620 I decided to buy a m4/3 adapter. When 4/3 lenses, especially the higher zooms, are mated with the camera it becomes unbalanced to a point where I felt uncomfortable. Sadly, I sent it back and bought a refurbished E-30.

So, if you're thinking of going the same route, get you hands on it or order it from Amazon.

Also a note on EVFs. If you wear polarized prescription sunglasses as I do, when you turn the camera vertical the viewfinder goes black. Taking them off was not an option for me.

Paul

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow