Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chips Pringle
Regular MemberPosts: 185Gear list
Like?
Primes or zooms for my d5200 and d7100
1 week ago

I find that I am like most photo buffs in that I use zooms almost always, except when shooting portraits. My question is: I want the best images, great bokeh, and not spend a ton of money. So the obvious conclusion may be to use primes. I have a f1.8 50mm FX, a f1.8 85mm FX, and a f4.5-5.6 70-300 IF ED FX VR Zoom. I've been wanting a wide angle zoom like the f2.8 17-55 DX, or the f3.5-5.6 16-85, but wonder if I'd be better off with a fixed 24 or 28mm instead. Again I want the best images and bokeh without regret. Help me in my dilemma. I'm attempting to sell my full frame body to stick with DX.

-- hide signature --

Chip
My opinion may not make sense to you and often doesn't make sense to my wife. Oh we'll....

Chips Pringle's gear list:Chips Pringle's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G
Nikon D5200 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow