Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MikeInIndy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,075Gear list
Like?
For the "your camera takes great pictures" person in your life
1 month ago

Annoyed by people who seem to think that good photographers are mostly good because of their gear, or those that think they can buy their way to good photography through gear, I wrote an article.  The premise was to do what I normally do, motorsports photography, as a hobbyist, but do it with the worst gear I could lay hands on.  I'm still looking for some new candidates but so far a Nikon 1 J1 and Canon Powershot G3 (4 megapixels woo!) have entered the fray against my standby D600/70-200 f2.8 II.  Obviously there's lots of these type of articles going around, but I think people will be surprised that even a "challenging" subject like motorsports can be captured with cameras most people long ago relegated to the closet or trash.  Feedback welcome, I'm still trying to decide on some cameras to take it a step further, maybe shooting manual focus on a DSLR etc, unless I can find a sponsor for film I'll probably stick with digital, but MF and film could be fun too.

Break the Upgrade Addiction

-- hide signature --

-Mike

MikeInIndy's gear list:MikeInIndy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Nikon Coolpix 950 Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 J1 Nikon D600 +13 more
Nikon 1 J1 Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LolNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow