Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
trigger1937
Regular MemberPosts: 239Gear list
Like?
FZ1000 Focus controls & settings
1 month ago

I find that there are quite a few setting options for this camera that I'm not familiar with.  I did find out how to lock the focus with half depression of the shutter button but as I move the camera to re-compose the picture even after I have lock the focus the exposure setting changes,...and of course I did not intend that.   Where is the setting that controls this.

The number of new settings and controls is going to take a long time to learn (and Remember).  One other question,...what are the advantages and difference the mechanical shutter and Electrical shutter.  Of course the Elect shutter can take you all the way up to 16,000 while the mechanical is limited to 1/4000s, but why would I use one over the other.

Years ago when I got my FZ35 I found a link to Seattle PC Service.   A guy there had created a 6 page condensed version of the complete Owners manual for that camera.  It was THE COMPLETE SHORTCUT to find all the answers on how to operate the FZ35.   Has anyone ever heard of such a document for the FZ100, FZ200, or now the FZ1000.

trigger1937's gear list:trigger1937's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Canon EOS 450D
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow