Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Peter Bendheim
Senior MemberPosts: 2,128Gear list
Like?
Bad start to my pro relationship with Fuji - f0 error - a growing concern
3 months ago

I very recently changed from a pro Nikon shooter of 25 years to Fuji, just starting to love the camera.

On frame 1700 approx in this new camera, the f0 error starts to manifest itself. It's not the contacts or the lenses.

The camera then freezes and becomes inoperable. Completely.

The camera starts fine, works a while. The minute you review an image, the camera lens moves a bit and when you try and shoot again, it displays f0. It's not dirty contacts, and it's not the lenses. Same behaviour on all the lenses.

Taken out the battery, etc etc. All the old and usual tricks.

If you go do a firmware check, camera firmware registers correctly as 1,10 - ALL the lenses show Firmware as 0, even the 23 1,4 for which there is no update says "Firmware upgrade error - contact a service center"

I am resolute that I am not having a few week old camera opened and the waterproofing tampered with for what is clearly not a user error. Fuji will have to replace - but I see a fight looming..

I think this started as an isolated error with a few isolated cases... but I think there are probably quite a few latent issues out there. I would appeal to all Fuji X-T1 users who have experienced this issue to add to this thread which I will also at the Fuji Forum.

Love this camera but feeling very disappointed right now.

-- hide signature --

Peter Bendheim
www.peterbendheim.com

Peter Bendheim's gear list:Peter Bendheim's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Fujifilm X100T Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS M Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +1 more
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow