Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brian Wadie
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,747Gear list
Like?
My nikon 1 70-300 cx has arrived :)
3 months ago

I pleased with the feel and low weight (compared to my sigma 135-400 and Oly 50-200 mk1) and it sits well on the V2

Despite less than ideal light I took it for a wander around our local Salt Marsh looking for subjects to test it out on

First thoughts, it is beautifully put together, no play in the fully extended lens sections, without the focus lock it focuses quickly with relatively close subjects but slow and hunts a bit with smaller subjects at a distance. Engage the focus limit lock and its transformed, focusing nearly as fast as the 30-110.

At 800mm I am guessing I will need something in excess of 1/1600th sec to prevent shake hand-holding when shooting birds in flight at a distance but for closer flight shots and static shots I can work down to 1/400th sec (don't forget, tis is my first test with this lens so I may find I get better with practise )

A few examples (nothing wonderful but as "first light" examples)

an example of shake at 1/1000th sec

Early days but I look forward to learning how to get the best from this system, so all thoughts on how to achieve this will be welcome

-- hide signature --

So much to learn, so little time left to do it!

Brian Wadie's gear list:Brian Wadie's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Nikon 1 V2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +6 more
Nikon 1 V2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow