Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
page
Forum MemberPosts: 80Gear list
Like?
18-200 for a6000 questions
2 weeks ago

I've just returned from two months of shooting with my a6000, and I love the camera. After lots of advice here, I bought the Sigma 35mm and the Sony 55-210, and I had the kit lens that came with the camera. I thought the 35mm and the 55-210 gave me great results, and the kit lens was useful up to a point. However, there were many situations where switching lenses was either not possible or not convenient because it meant losing shots while fussing with the lenses. So I am looking for a good, wider range zoom.

I've been reading here about the 18-200, and people seem to like it. The Amazon reviews not so good. Here's what I'm finding confusing. I've found posts here that say it is important to get the LE upgrade and that, for some reason, the silver lens works better. As I look at Amazon for buying, I can't figure out if people are selling the LE or not. What would be the key wording: SEL? I'd like to try to save some $$ by not buying direct from Sony. Also Amazon Prime lets me return the lens if I get a lemon.

Any thoughts on the lens quality (I'm concerned about enlargements) and descriptive terms would be appreciated. I wouldn't sell my Sigma 35, which I adore, but would like to sell the kit lens and 55-210 if this would take their place.

Any relevant advice on an all-purpose zoom would be wildly appreciated.

-- hide signature --

Page Simon

page's gear list:page's gear list
Canon EOS 10D Sony a6000 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow