Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Other lens options
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Alternative Sony A-Mount Lens
1 month ago

I recently bought my first DSLR, a Sony A77, my first SLR altogether. I'm learning as I go. But I want to actually know what I'm doing with it and some things you can't learn without doing-so I thought I would buy a regular film SLR since they're so cheap nowadays. Now I'm always hunting for lenses to go with both my A77 and my new Minolta Maxxum7000i-same A-mount lenses are used and all. That's gotten me to wondering about other lens manufacturer's lenses because the actual Sony lenses are soooo expensive. All the lenses I really want are so far out of my price range even when they're used. And they make adapters for Sony to Nikon or Sony to other brand lenses so I just wondered if it is worth the money to venture into another brand like Nikon or Canon to save money for a faster lens? You know, using one of those adapters. Or should I stay in the Sony/Sigma for Sony territory because my images would end up suffering due to compatibility issues? I don't already own any Nikon lenses, so maybe I wouldn't be saving money and am just assuming I would. But it seems like there are more lens options if you are a Canon or Nikon user, and therefore maybe prices for their used/older and better lenses might be more in my budget range. I don't know! What about using older Minolta MD manual lenses with an adapter (also that I don't own/nor have ever tried out). I kind of thought I'd be happy with the Tamron 18-200 lens I bought to go with the camera, but I already want the better, faster glass I've read about for years! I don't have any friends who are into photography so I'm really on my own and could use some advice.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow