Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jetlagged
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
deciding whether to buy rx100m3 or rx100m1/m2
1 month ago

so i'm contemplating which camera to buy. rx100m3 or the rx100m1 or m2 (not sure yet). I don't have a camera at the moment. i went to alaska on a cruise this summer, and i mainly used my iphone to take pics and shoot videos. i sold my canon 60D dslr to help fix my car last year. I'm about to embark on a 1-2 years around the world travel adventure journey. south america, eastern/southern africa for the safaris, southeast asia, europe, australia/nz. I've decided my camera will be the rx100. just not sure if i should go for the longer tele of ther rx100m1/m2 or go for the rx100m3. i just dont know which will be useful in my situation. all i know is it's gotta be an all around camera for all situation, something compact and light. i'm absolutely done with dslrs, it's been fun, but i'm done. i've seen the light and joy of light travel. i've owned a canon g11, that camera was absolutely amazing, and took decent night photos. sadly i sold that camera a few years ago.

i'm also going to buy a gopro hero camera and pole, it's a drag being a solo traveler and not have anybody to take my pictures, let alone waiting for someone and asking them to take my pic.

i'll probably end up buying the rx100 used at b&h in their used section.

Canon EOS 60D Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow