Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JPEG Shooter
Contributing MemberPosts: 541Gear list
Like?
Help Me Build A Photo Editing Computer
3 months ago

I used to keep up with the latest computer hardware and have built several computers in the past, but haven't in a few years so am looking for some advice.  My current rig is showing its age and I think it's time for a new one.  I don't want to spend a lot of $... I think about $1500 max so I need to be smart about the components.

I want to be able to run CS6 smoothly (which I already have so does not need to be figured in to the total price).  I don't shoot RAW so my files don't start out huge but I do use layers and other things that jack up the file size a bit... usually no more than about 200MB though.

So any suggestions or recommendations on motherboard, processor, video card, and RAM?  Should I go with Win7 or Win8?  (It must be PC... don't want MAC)

Other things to note... while this computer will be used primarily for my photography, it will also be used for some gaming and will not be connected to the internet.

-- hide signature --

JPEG Shooter
view my galleries at http://www.pbase.com/fotogrfr

JPEG Shooter's gear list:JPEG Shooter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20 Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Olympus Tough TG-3 Sony Alpha DSLR-A550 +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow