Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ontario Gone
Senior MemberPosts: 4,012Gear list
Like?
Plz help me understand Nikon Flash, and or high speed sync
3 months ago

Buying a new camera, and new system actually, this week. I should be ordering around Wednesday or Thursday, so should have camera in hand by Monday or so. I have it narrowed down to either the D7100, or A77II. Im wondering what is the buzz about Nikon's flash system. I have heard from many people it's the best of all the brands, but why?

I understand WL TTL is available for N and C, but what else is there? Is it simply more consistent with it's metering? How does the high speed sync work, can I use any flash on a D7100 with any shutter speed? Are there only specific flashes that are compatible with HSS? I plan to use my flashes a lot (4 yongnuo 560III, and will be getting a 560TX soon), so if there is any advantage to using these with a Nikon it would make my choice much easier.

If anybody would rather point me to a link explaining it, that would be appreciated as well. Or a good ole' discussion here will do fine. Feel free to share anything, including any comparative facts between the two cameras I mentioned. I really like both cameras and am not sure which to get, but time is running out so any help is more than welcome. Thanks in advance!!

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

Ontario Gone's gear list:Ontario Gone's gear list
Nikon D7000 Canon EOS 70D Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Nikon D7100 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow