Upgrading from 5D Classic on a Budget... 5DMII??! (HELP)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
carter941
Junior MemberPosts: 31Gear list
Like?
Upgrading from 5D Classic on a Budget... 5DMII??! (HELP)
3 months ago

I am a photographer who works primarily with Rappers and artists from the urban fashion and music community. I interned as the studio photographer at a prominent music studio in Miami that worked closely with Hip-Rop/Reggae artists.
I shot all summer with my Canon 5D Classic with either the 85mm 1.8 lens or the 40mm 2.8 lens.

I want to upgrade my body probably with another Canon because then I could use the same glass. I also want the ability to shoot video. I've been thinking maybe a used 5D mark 2 because I could afford it for around 1000-1300 used for the body.

It's been out a long time. Do you think it is worth it to spend that much money on an old body and do you still find it relevant? I want much better high ISO ability as well as HD Video, and obviously a FF sensor.

I was thinking 6D for a while, but I find that the 5DM2 can be found quite a bit cheaper used. What do you guys think I should do?!

carter941's gear list:carter941's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +1 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow