ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 25,940
Like?
Low light focusing - K-x, K-50, K-S1, K-5 II / K-5 IIs, K-3
2 months ago

Hi folks,

I posted this in another thread and thought it might be interesting enough to make it's own thread. Some of you might have an interest.

If I remember correctly the Pentax K-x focuses from EV 1 to EV 20.

The K-5 focuses from EV -1 to EV 18.

The Pentax K-50 focuses from EV -1 to EV 18

The new K-S1 focuses from EV -1 to EV 18

The Pentax K-5 II / K-5 IIs focuses from EV -3 to EV 18

The Pentax K-3 focuses from EV -3 to EV 18

So, the K-50 and K-S1 beats the K-x for focusing in low light. The K-5 II / K-5 IIs and the K-3 are equal to each other for focusing in low light and beats the K-5, K-50 and the K-S1.

I seriously doubt that any new Pentax or any other brand will beat the low light focusing of the K-5 II / K-5 IIs and the K-3.

You can read about the three f/2.8 sensors (center, above, and below) on the K-3 (one f/2.8 sensor in the center on the K-5 II / K-5 IIs) at this link - click here

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Pentax K-3 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 II Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-50 Pentax K-S1 Pentax K-x
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow