ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
W4w3
New MemberPosts: 12Gear list
Like?
Gitzo Ocean Systematic tripods
3 months ago

Hi,

I've been looking for a tripod for the D800 that I'm going to buy in the near future. As it is important for me to be able to use the legs in salt water without worrying too much about the maintenance, I'm now seriously considering this model: http://www.gitzo.com/ocean-systematic-series-3-carbon-tripod-anti-corrosion-4-sec-gt3542los. I chose the 3 series Gitzo because I'd be able to get a new one cheaper than a 2 series one and the additional maximum load capacity is of course welcome.

So, the question is, has anyone got experience using the product (or ocean systematic series in general)? I'd be interested in hearing especially about the corrosion resistance, since that, for me, is what would justify the ridiculous price premium over the otherwise similar models.

Thanks in advance!

W4w3's gear list:W4w3's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Adobe Photoshop CS6 +1 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow