advice on using a rangefinder lens on my lumzx g5? Leica, Voigtlander, etc.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DavidF
Regular MemberPosts: 340
Like?
advice on using a rangefinder lens on my lumzx g5? Leica, Voigtlander, etc.
1 month ago

I'm thinking about getting a really good quality lens for my next purchase. I already have quite a few Panasonic and Olympus lenses, my favorite of which are the oly 14-150mm and the oly 45mm.

What I'm looking for is what a photo teacher once referred to as a "two and a half D" (2.5-D) look, where the images have a great deal of depth to them even thought they are on a flat 2d photo image. And I've really only seen this 'look' with images made with high quality lenses such as Leica (but not with the so-called Panasonic 'Leica' lens made for M4/3, which I already own).

Any advice then on the Leica, Voigtlander, or Zeiss lenses to get this look (using an adapter)? I'm looking for around a 28, 35, 40mm lens. I understand the Leica lenses are very good, but pricey, and I've heard mixed reviews on the Voigtlander lenses. However, all these review are based on using them on a rangefinder camera, not a Lumix G5.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow