Would you pay for new functions in firmware.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LearningForeverIHope
Regular MemberPosts: 377Gear list
Like?
Would you pay for new functions in firmware.
1 month ago

I've read about the numerous and spectacular updates that Fuji had released for its X cameras in the past. IMHO Fuji felt it necessary to make its cameras compete. I also went through the firmware wish list for the X-T1 on this forum which holds nice suggestions.

Now, it seems completely normal to get free firmware updates to correct or enhance functions that are already present but which could perform better. Other suggestions are less likely to see whatever light is available, e.g. the possibility to develop to a lossless 16 bits format instead of jpeg and many more. I would gladly pay a reasonable price for new functions which I would actually use and value.

Would you?

LearningForeverIHope's gear list:LearningForeverIHope's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +4 more
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow