Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Allanlaw
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
My first Posting
1 month ago

I have been an avid photographer since I was 12 years old when I saved up for a Kodak Duoflex camera. In high school I worked Saturdays at a local camera store and was introduced to real cameras. My first was a Yashicamat which was a Rollieflex clone. Later I switched to 35mm and today have over 10,000 pristine Kodachrome slides in vivid rich colours.Later I acquired many Nikon film cameras and then bought the Nikon D3 and recently the D800 and a collection of lens. Then one day I sold off all of my equipment and bought a Leica M-E and 35mm, 50mm and 75mm lens. I was hooked!  There is nothing comparable to the "Leica look" I admit to difficulty with manual focus lens' especially when attempting to capture my ever moving grandchildren. So I acquired the Leica X Vario. I love using this camera which is compact enough to accompany me wherever I go. It has the "Leica look" in spades. Whatever its supposed short comings, most can be overcome with a little creative use of the settings. Exposure and colour is always perfect but I admit to a few shots where focus was not perfect. I just returned from Europe and have many awesome shots some of which I will post when I figure out how to do that. I look forward to sharing my enthusiasm with the Leica X Vario.

Allanlaw

Allanlaw's gear list:Allanlaw's gear list
Leica X Vario
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow